3D Printing is a very popular facet of the maker/hacker movement. Though they are still a bit difficult to use/calibrate, they are capable of printing 3D items based on CAD models and using extruded filament.
- Repetierhost used by the Freeside terminal to generate gcode from .stl files and command the 3D printers
- Slic3r is integrated with repetier host above or used as a stand alone to generate machine readable gcode from an .stl 3D model.
Any software that can generate an .stl 3D image file is suitable. Below is an incomplete list of popular options.
- AutoDesk (various products)
- Wall of Spool
- LulzBot AO-100
- Cupcake 1
- Cupcake 2
- The Kraken (custom--designed by Redbeard)
- Member workstation
- Reprap Assembly
- ≠ Assembling the Kraken ***finally done, woohoo!
- ≠ Kraken2_loop.gif|≠ Commissioning the Kraken ***Done
- Kraken enhancements
- - Spool Holder
- - Enclosure
- - Lighting & LEDs
- - Cooling Fan independent switch
- - Leveling print bed