Difference between revisions of "Policy StarvingHackerProgram"
(Created page with "'''Approved: 2013-FEB-05''' The Starving Hacker Program (SHP) allows an individual to pay a reduced membership rate at Freeside, if they meet certain qualifications. The base...")
Revision as of 16:46, 13 March 2013
The Starving Hacker Program (SHP) allows an individual to pay a reduced membership rate at Freeside, if they meet certain qualifications. The base rate for an SHP member is determined by the Treasurer. This will typically be half the normal dues rate but can be more or less than that amount but always less than full membership amount.
To qualify for the Starving Hacker program (and its reduced rate) you must meet and provide documentation for one of the following criteria:
- A full time student at an accredited educational program
- Temporarily or permanently disabled
To continue to qualify for the Starving Hacker program you must:
- Make prepayments, or setup recurring payment and
- Participate in at least one build-out/clean-up day a quarter
In addition to these, to maintain qualification you must also meet one of the following requirements:
- Teach a class that adds the equivalent revenue of half the regular membership rate
- Contribute time or value to a project that adds the equivalent of half the regular membership rate
- Make at least one blog post per month, or otherwise add significant content to our online presence
Participation in the Starving Hacker program will be evaluated per quarter.
Any changes to the member's qualifying status must be reported to the Treasurer within 60 days of the change. Failure to report the change will result in the member's dues reverting to the standard rate for the period of time starting when the change occurred (in other words, you will pay back dues at the full membership rate.)