We're going to be throwing a CryptoParty every second Thursday from 7-11pm. We have [Detailed Directions/ detailed directions] if you're unfamiliar with the space. It's free! Just bring your laptop or other devices.
You don't have to sign up to come along - but if you do, it helps us prepare. Pseudonymous sign-ups are fine!
Drop in for a few minutes to ask a question or stay all evening and chat about privacy, security, and the interwebz.
What is a CryptoParty?
It's a lot of things in a lot of places. For most, it's a practical workshop for anyone interested in keeping their digital lives private.
Bring your laptops, netbooks, tablets and phones - we'll help you learn how to secure them and your communications:
- full disk encryption for your computers and memory sticks;
- encrypted email, text messages, IM on all your devices;
- anonymous browsing and tracker-avoidance;
- censorship circumvention;
- password generation, databases and management;
- keysigning / extending the web-of-trust.
If you have knowledge and skills to contribute in these or related areas please come along and share them with us!
- ad-hoc discussion of the laws that govern who can access your stuff and when; and, at some point in the evening,
- our regular round-up and discussion of some cryptography basics and the latest digital-rights news, opinions, and happenings.
Have more questions? Check out cryptoparty.org.