01: 3D Printing
For general use by members. Treat equipment as if it were your own and put away as or better than you found it.
TODO: specify all the restrictions
- Use only with members-only terminal connected to AO-100
Freeside was one of only 8 hackerspaces in the world to win this printer as part of the LulzBot hackerspace printer giveaway!
TODO: complete instructions on use
- Log in with your credentials to the attached members-only terminal
- Check that the bed is all the way up on the sprung screws on all 4 corners before starting a print, or it will not be level. It has a tendency, if compressed when removing a part for example, to stick down on some of the corners.
- The only tweaks you should need to make for your prints are layer thickness and infill style/density related.
- Please do not change the bed level or limit switches.
- Turn off machine when done
Basic Operational Knowledge
- How to home it.
- How to load and unload filament (optional, but you'll be stuck with the loaded plastic type and color)
- How to slice and send a job to it.
- How to abort a failed job.
- How to properly remove a print once it has completed.
Advanced Operational Knowledge
There are some more advanced tasks that not everyone needs to know to print, but needs to know to troubleshoot:
- How to level a bed
- How to replace the covering on a bed
- How to tighten belts, fix misaligned axises, replace worn out parts, etc.
Specifications and Detailed Instructions
TODO: complete specifications, links to documentation, etc.
TODO: specify warnings
TODO: specify safety requirements